Hi Adrian,

To add to that, there's an overview of all the channels at our local
chapter's website: https://openstreetmap.be/en/contact.html

We have decent Mapillary coverage, but are constantly looking to get more
and better cameras for our volunteers (hint, hint).
There is good and recent imagery (properly indexed both in the imagery
layer index and the JOSM index). There are also good basemaps from the
government, which you can use for mapping.

As always, both imagery and basemaps can be outdated - sometimes OSM is
ahead, sometimes it isn't. There's quite an active community, so be mindful
of the last edit date on object (I should know, I recently messed up
JanFi's work).

What data will you be basing your edits on? I would think that Brussels is
mapped pretty well, so it might be hard to improve remotely.
It might be useful to start off with just Notes, so that we can review them
locally. That might avoid any editing conflict.
I think the most active mapper in Brussels is bxl-forever, might be useful
to engage him directly.

Joost

Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |