From: joost schouppe <joost.schou...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:14 PM
To: OpenStreetMap Belgium <talk-be@openstreetmap.org>
Cc: Adrian Budugan <adrian.budu...@telenav.com>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk-be] Telenav Mapping Project

Hi Adrian,

To add to that, there's an overview of all the channels at our local chapter's
website:
https://openstreetmap.be/en/contact.html<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fopenstreetmap.be%2fen%2fcontact.html&c=E,1,6kwsDd2Yju2zANx8QqyDeIpPgudJlWTFGSk2vDYWqv-tFHc3MdQSguWOma8B215cFAKxQyUfim9cGWnc0Ix45aiFaEOM-fMBhfvI62g7LcNGPFQbRF441CYB9JBh&typo=1>

We have decent Mapillary coverage, but are constantly looking to get more and
better cameras for our volunteers (hint, hint).
There is good and recent imagery (properly indexed both in the imagery layer
index and the JOSM index). There are also good basemaps from the government,
which you can use for mapping.

As always, both imagery and basemaps can be outdated - sometimes OSM is ahead,
sometimes it isn't. There's quite an active community, so be mindful of the
last edit date on object (I should know, I recently messed up JanFi's work).

What data will you be basing your edits on? I would think that Brussels is
mapped pretty well, so it might be hard to improve remotely.
It might be useful to start off with just Notes, so that we can review them
locally. That might avoid any editing conflict.
I think the most active mapper in Brussels is bxl-forever, might be useful to
engage him directly.

Joost

Op wo 22 apr. 2020 om 20:01 schreef Pieter Vander Vennet