On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Paul Norman <penor...@mac.com> wrote:
> xjjk has put up his scripts at
> http://caligula.rhombic.net/~xjjk/OpenStreetMap/scripts/
> gdal2tiles-mp.py is the multi-threaded version
> Rename-TMS-layout-to-Google-Layout.py    creates a script that renames
> tiles.

Excellent; I'll take a look at those and give this another shot.

> For your 6 hour run, what resampling did you use, how big was the source
> GeoTIFF (with or without overviews) and what was the highest zoom range
> done?

I was working from a 1.9GB MrSid file; I had initially generated a
tiled GeoTiff (without overviews) and it comes in at 28GB.  However I
ran gdal2tiles on the MrSid file.

I used all the default options so I ended up with zoom levels 9-17 for
this particular MrSid as well as the default rendering options.  I'll
give it another shot with one of the higher quality ones.

Tyler