Hi all,

I wanted to give you a heads up that my colleagues on the Telenav map team
are starting work on adding turn restrictions in Toronto, Montréal, and
later on also Vancouver, Ottawa and Calgary. We are using OpenStreetView
and Mapillary as sources. If you have any questions or concerns, please
reach out to me and we will address it right away.

For conditional (time-restricted) turn restrictions, we intend to use the
schema described in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions. We encounter a
more complex mapping of conditional turn restrictions sometimes, where
mappers have used day_on / day_off and hour_on / hour_off. This is uncommon
and as far as I know not recommended for mapping time-restricted turn
restrictions. If we encounter these, our proposal would be to remove these
tags and if necessary replace them with the preferred scheme as described
on the wiki. Opinions?

Talk-ca mailing list