On 2018-01-26 09:42 PM, john whelan wrote:
> I'm under the impression that Ottawa was the first city to move to the
> Open Data 2.0 licence created by Treasury Board.

It still took some quick letter-writing/e-mail by James and some
emergency grovelling by me to the OSMF Licensing group to get it accepted

> I'm also under the impression that it is the only one that has had its
> benediction from the legal working group.

Yes, but only for data licensed from the Federal government and the City
of Ottawa. All others - even if word for word - need a
release/permission from the licensing agency and the approval of Legal.

> I seem to recall they have a municipality kit to assist municipalities
> with Open Data.

I haven't heard anything more about that since September. Haven't even
seen the text of the proposed new licence that everyone's supposed to use.

> There seems to be rather more green boxes than I would have expected.  I
> would hope they all have been approved by the Legal Working Group or are
> an exact clone of the TB municipality one as Ottawa is.

there's no ‘or’ here. The TB licence (appropriate, for it is contagious)
wording isn't automatically OSM compliant.

If we got the Toronto licence approved tomorrow and none of the
municipal licences changed for the better, at this rate we'd have all of
the BC2020 data cleared for use by 2088 …