Hi Canada Import Team,
I'd like to ask a question that I've been curious about for a few years
now. What happened during the import of inland water data? Throughout
Canada, I find instances where tiles are missing water data. This results
in lakes and other water polygons being abruptly cut off. Some examples:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=9/55.4821/-65.2981 and

I've also found an instance of rogue ocean tiles at zoom 10 and greater if
you switch the map layer to Transport Map:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=10/56.3267/-99.3107&layers=T

I see that importing the Geobase National Hydro Network is still in the
planning phase according to
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase/NHN_-_OSM_Map_Feature

I'm just curious as to why water data throughout Canada is very hit or
miss. I guess I've answered my own question with "it's still in progress"
but I'm curious nonetheless. I did check the message archives going a year
back and didn't see anything regarding inland water data.

Cheers,
Peter