Heck, all kinds of things are fun to map:  bike routes, railways, making sure
provincial and TransCanada route relations are all lined up and tagged
correctly, bus and public_transport, small details (micro-mapping), like
gymnasium/library details and drinking fountain locations in
elementary/middle/high schools, it's almost endless.

Now, all the bodies of water in Canada, the 2nd largest geographic country on
Earth, and with "hundreds" (you can grow it to thousands, I know you can) of
dedicated mappers:  wow, that is something I'd call "you've got your work cut
out for you!"

I mean that to be encouraging rather than discouraging.  OSM, it seems (and
I've been at it most of its life) is a longer-term project, it's really only
starting to fly after fifteen years or so.  Give it a few more decades
(really), and even in a few years, it does, can and will get better.  It takes
time, it takes dedication, it takes good communication, it takes people working
well together.  Largely speaking (and Canada isn't large, it's HUGE!), so far,
so good.

Encouragingly,
SteveA
California