Hi,

sounds like a very good idea. From Estonia Jaak has been on several SOTM-s, I have been visiting SOTM in Amsterdam and Girona, Andres Kaaber was in Girona I suppose. I would not go into details but we were using Russian there alot :)

 - M -

11.04.2013 12:47, Vladimir Elistratov kirjutas:
Hi!

A few additions to the mail of Ilia Zverev aka Zverik

In 2011 quite a few participants of the russian OSM forum took part in the SOTM-EU conference in Vienna. It was an excellent opportunity for us to meet both OSM "celebrities" and ordinary OSM members.

Last year SOTM was in Japan, this yeart it will be in England with complicated visa procedure for us. OSM community both in Russia and Estonia seems to be a closed and isolated circle with a very few new members each year. So we suggest to break the isolation through an internatinal OSM meet-up (or mini-conference) in Estonia. Let's call it for now SOTM Baltic. Zverik mentioned that we had held a one day local mini-conference in Moscow a year ago. Around 20 people attended that event. It didn't require many organisational efforts. The main requirement was to find a room for the event. I suppose the SOTM Baltic would be an event of the same scale.

I expect that OSM members from Tartu, Tallinn, Sankt Petersburg, Moscow, Riga and Helsinki might come to the SOTM Baltic.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Vladimir Elistratov aka vvoovv