From: Brian Prangle [mailto:bpran...@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 January 2014 20:07
To: Matthijs Melissen
Cc: OSM Group WM
Subject: Re: [Talk-gb-westmidlands] January Meeting Saturday January 11th

Hi Matthijs

We tend not to go in for objectives, just letting folk turn up, pick an area
and map what they feel like, on the basis that this might seem haphazard but
anyway we end up with an improved map.  Armchair mapping beforehand of
building outlines is a good idea and some of us usually do this. You'll see
that I've already been active. I tend to map (and photograph)listed
buildings and I'll have my work cut out in Warwick as just about every
building in the centre seems to be listed. I've attached a dataset if you
feel like helping ;-)

Regards

Brian

On 7 January 2014 13:33, Matthijs Melissen <i...@matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:

On 7 January 2014 13:03, Brian Prangle <br...@mappa-mercia.org> wrote:
> I haven't prepared a cake diagram so if folk could just use this email
list
> to indicate where they want to map so we don't duplicate effort.

Perhaps someone could give an overview of what we already have, and
what needs to be done? It seems like we have all (or most?) streets,
including their names, right? Do we focus on POI? Do we set ourselves
goals, like mapping of all shops, all restaurants, all mailboxes?

Maybe we could also make a start with armchairmapping the building
outlines, before the mapping party?

-- Matthijs

  _____

No virus found in this message.