On 18/03/2009 10:36, Ed Loach wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how best to tag breweries ...
>
> one in Bury St Edmunds is tagged landuse=industrial (with a visitor
> centre attraction).

That was me. It really is a factory, so I felt industrial was
appropriate. Is there something special about beer (in geographical
terms) - for example, would there need to be a special designation for a
factory making stockings or a printing works?

In that sense it's a bit like shop=... We could either say what kind of
factory something is, or just group them all under one heading, but I
don't really see that modern brewing has something about it that makes
is individually special over any other industrial process.

David