> > one in Bury St Edmunds is tagged landuse=industrial (with a
> visitor
> > centre attraction).
>
> That was me. It really is a factory, so I felt industrial was
> appropriate.

No, I agree. I've seen the place and it is very industrial. But
landuse to me seems more appropriate for areas, so not much help
with me just tagging a node (Farmers Brewery is essentially a
microbrewery with capacity for I believe 8 barrels which was
dictated by door width and ceiling height limiting what vessels they
could get into the space available which is part of some out
buildings for the adjacent hotel).

For tagging the node I considered
* building=brewery (Map Features says area only though original
proposal also mentions node)
* shop=brewery (they do also have a shop for bottled beers adjacent
to the brewery)
* amenity=brewery (as I picked "pub" in JOSM and manually changed
pub to brewery, which is how it is currently tagged)
* man_made=brewery (though it wasn't originally made to be a
brewery)
and so on.

There is one standalone brewery (Harwich) in the Essex district I
live in and tend to map, and I've not tagged it yet. There are also
a couple of pubs which contain microbreweries, but they're only
tagged as pubs so far with no mention that they have associated
breweries (e.g. Cross Inn, Great Bromley for Sticklegs Brewery and
the Railway Tavern, Brightlingsea contains "The Railway Tavern
Brewing Co."). Perhaps it isn't important though.

Ed