On 10 Aug 2009, at 14:48, Peter Reed wrote:

I’ve just posted an updated map of UK coverage at
http://www.reedhome.org.uk/Documents/OSMCover.png

There are a number of significant changes in this version:

a) As I half suspected, there was an error in the way I was handling map projections in the previous version. This resulted in overstating the length of roads on OSM. I think I’ve now fixed this, and it seems to give more plausible results b) We now have sensible looking boundaries for all the English higher level councils (Counties, Met boroughs, London & Unitaries) c) In theory, all the counties should now cover the admin boundary, not the ceremonial area. I’ve done some quick checks, and so far they’ve been OK – though Buckinghamshire looks suspicious. Previously some unitary authorities were counted twice, and pushed up the county figures

It's good to see continuing progress with English boundaries. I have added Leicestershire council and Plymouth UA to the English Boundaries page.

However... I can't find find an administrative boundaries for Derbyshire County Council or for Staffordshire County Council. There are ceremonial versions of these which you might still be using instead.

Thanks of all your work on this Peter. I am now offended that Suffolk is only light green! I guess I will have to do something about it, but that is the point. Anyone fancy mapping Suffolk? There are some lovely towns that need work.

One small suggestion - you might like to use a 'thermal' colour range; currently I am not able to guess which colour is associated with the highest coverage and the lowest etc. Feel free to use colours used by OSM Mapper in the 'thermal' range if that is useful.

Regards,

Peter Miller