Hi Tom,

Not sure I agree that Streetview is 'horrible' - as a free base map it will
rival or beat any of the others I have seen. This is even more true for
rural areas.

I am aware most of the raster stuff got left out, but streetview *is* raster
- it says as much in the PDF.

What we would want to do, I think, is encourage people to rapidly trace this
to form a base map, then set upon the task of checking it for accuracy.
Secondly, adding to it all the great features that we know from OSM - with
the time burden or walking all the streets gone, that second part should
progress more rapidly.

Phil