On 1 April 2010 00:47, Shaun McDonald <sh...@shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:

> is encourage people to rapidly trace this to form a base map, then set upon
> the task of checking it for accuracy.
>
> But I want to go out on my bike and map, I spend enough time at the
> computer as it is, without sitting there tracing, missing out on various
> details that are not or are wrong on the OS maps.
>
> Shaun

I encourage you to rapidly go out on your bike and beat the people mapping
at their computer. I know you can be quite fast and would travel wherever
people were copying OS.

My interest from the OS is helping out OSM-dragon places such as Cornwall.
It's a lot easier to get people like my parents adding features if the basic
structure exists (plus they don't have a GPS). They're going down there this
weekend, but sadly I don't think that's enough time for me to add the roads
of the local town in.

--
Gregory
o...@livingwithdragons.com