On 19 June 2012 14:13, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:

> Gregory wrote:
> > On 19 June 2012 14:07, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> >> I use "admin:ref" for refs that are predominantly intended for
> >> administrative usage, rather than public-facing usage.
> > Now that sounds like tagging for the renderer.
>
> How dare you! :p
>
> In road terms, there is a big difference between the "C64" and the
> "B2018". The former is of no use to man nor beast, unless man or beast
> happens to work for the County Council. Tell me, what would you think if
> your satnav suddenly told you "at the next roundabout, take the
> [unsignposted] C64"?
>

> I would think, wow OSM data is much more complete than TomTom. (and then
I'd have to dangerously look at the screen to see which exit it was).

But my GPS could be clever and not tell me unless it's a primary or
secondary road.
The Standard/Mapnik rendering shows the C-road ref in a different style,
instead it could decide not to show those refs at all. I think they look a
bit messy so I would agree with this style change.

If man nor beast works at the County Council, who does(I often wonder this)?

--
Gregory
o...@livingwithdragons.com