On 31/10/15 15:18, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> while switch2osm may well produce a working system for
>> > some ... I have to also support current paying traffic on the
>> > hardware and that prevents running too many different
>> > competing web services.
> You can run a tileserver for the UK on a £10/month virtual machine. If your
> paying traffic can't support £10/month across all your clients, and instead
> you have to rely on a third-party server operated by a non-profit
> organisation, then there's something wrong with your business model.

My current business model is to provide a UK based service which I can
share freely with others and provides both current and historic material
for the UK. What is preventing this happening is all the disjointed
elements that are being used currently between OSM, OHM and other services.

Up until now my time has been spent trying to make that come to fruition
while still trying to add raw data and updates and trying to ensure
current material is not simply dumped when new history is created. The
current changes to OSM has changed priorities so what I'm trying to
achieve HERE is some help to get the alternative service running ASAP
while in the meantime fire fighting once again the support system :(

No I don't have a bottomless pit of money to pay for services, so I have
to compensate by the best use of what resources are available, and I can
provide hardware and use my spare bandwidth to do that. I bought the
machine for this job some months back but as yet it is still only
partially working ... now if others are working to the same end can we
not pool that resource?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL