On 31 October 2015 at 15:18, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> Lester Caine wrote:
>> while switch2osm may well produce a working system for
>> some ... I have to also support current paying traffic on the
>> hardware and that prevents running too many different
>> competing web services.
>
> You can run a tileserver for the UK on a £10/month virtual machine. If your
> paying traffic can't support £10/month across all your clients, and instead
> you have to rely on a third-party server operated by a non-profit
> organisation, then there's something wrong with your business model.

It's the constant moaning whenever something changes that annoys me
most. All the effort that volunteers put in to create and improve the
style, to run the servers, to write the blog posts and announcements
and all we get from Lester is moan moan moan. I've had enough, to be
frank.

Lester, we make the styles available, we make the software available,
we make instructions available and you've had plenty of warning that
things are changing (in fact, they are always changing, and this
always displeases you). If it's important to you to keep a particular
style that's understandable. Make your own maps, pay someone else to
make them, or find some other volunteers to piggyback off.

But please, keep these constant complaints to yourself.

Thanks,
Andy