On Fri Feb 12 13:52:13 2016 GMT, Andy Townsend wrote:

> which makes it clear why using the "legal city definition" might not
> make sense in OSM _across the board_.  It might in some places (it's
> essentially what the Irish do, I believe), but I'd argue it doesn't here
> because of e.g. St David's (see below) and Telford, which despite its
> size doesn't really feel like a city to me - although if someone more
> local says I'm wrong, I'll believe them.

I'm local, and you are not wrong.  A city needs to be more than a big housing
estate and a shopping centre that closes in the evening. True  50 years after
the original planners blunder they are  doing something about it.

> I'd be interested to see the history of St David's.  The current node
>
> http://osm.mapki.com/history/node.php?id=3712052604
>
> was only created in August 2015; I wonder what it was before?

It was certainly a city before then, as far as I remember it was a road
junction node, I should be able find it when I get home.

Phil (trigpoint )

--
Sent from my Jolla