On Mon, 2016-04-18 at 18:52 +0100, Robert Norris wrote:

> > From: jack.fitzsim...@ntlworld.com
> > To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
> > Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 16:13:56 +0100
> > Subject: [Talk-GB] phone boxes used for other purposes
> >

> > I’m sure it must have been discussed before but how do I map a K6
> > booth
> > with no phone currently used for another purpose? I visited two
> > today
> > intending to get the phone numbers but discovered they were both
> > local
> > information points.
> >
> I've mapped a few that I've seen used as book shares like
> amenity=book_exchange, although I'd use amenity=public_bookcase now.
>
> Indeed the last one I remember doing has been kindly updated:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3775804762/history
>
> For your case I'd probably use some form of tourism tag too (see http
> ://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dinformation)

I've mapped one which has a defibrillator in it as building=phone_box,
medical=defibrillator.

On the subject of defibrillators, they could make a useful GB mapping
project. They need surveying, but it is something that both urban and
rural mappers could get out and find on the lighter evenings.

Phil (trigpoint)