+1

Also his use of is_in:* is also redundant when the boundary tag is used,

Dave F.

On 16/08/2016 13:25, Andy Allan wrote:
On 16 August 2016 at 13:11, Will Phillips <wp4...@gmail.com> wrote:

Regarding the 'ref:hectares' tag, it does seem wrong to me. It's not
consistent with other uses of the ref tag in OSM. Also, I agree that tagging
area values seems redundant, but perhaps doesn't do any harm in this case. I
do think at least, they should be retagged, perhaps to area:ha or
area:hectares?
No, they should be removed.

While it seems like tags like this do little harm, they encourage
future importers to follow the same path, and our database ends up
full of cruft. It's also off-putting to mappers, who might be scared
off from fixing the geometry of features since they don't know how to
recalculate the area.

There's no good reason to keep them.

Thanks,
Andy