As I've been adding quite a few new addr:postcode tags as part of the
quarterly project to use the FHRS data, I began wondering what the
overall state of addr:postcode tags was in the UK. I've started doing
a bit of analysis, which has began by checking the OSM postcodes
against the Code-Point Open dataset.

The first output I've produced is a list of likely errors where
addr:postcode values either do not have the appropriate formatting or
do not match an entry in Code-Point Open. There's quite a large number
of such errors, although it's pretty small as a percentage of the
total addr:postcode tags.

If you're interested, have a look at and see if you
can help by fixing any of them. Some will be errors in source data,
but others could well be typos and transcription errors.

Robert Whittaker

Talk-GB mailing list