:)
Ok...
beets are vegetables.. (I hope). I do like an organised tagging scheme, so I am
using produce=vegetable, then vegetable=*
This have two effects;
a better organisation structure and
the possibility to tag a field as produce=vegetable without specifying the
vegetable.
It also places the issue of beet/beetroot/sugar-beet at a lower level.
I think the use of the abbreviation beet should be discouraged at that level.
I encourage doing the same for other produce ..e.g. nuts ... grains?
The present landuse=orchard has fruits so I'm not doing those as it presently
uses its own scheme.
On 10-Jan-17 08:30 PM, Andy Robinson wrote:
I can see a whole new wiki excursion into the underground world of root crops
;-)
Cheers
Andy
-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Wallace [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 10 January 2017 01:52
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] beetroot or beet
On 2017-01-10 01:20, David Groom wrote:
Although "beet" could also refer to "sugar beet"
Or "fodder beet" (aka mangelwurzel).
I think it is rather similar to sugar beet, not sure if you could tell the
difference in the field.
It seems they are all the same species (Beta vulgaris), but different
cultivars. Also Swiss chard is the same species, but using the leaves.
_______________________________________________
Talk-GB mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb
_______________________________________________
Talk-GB mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb
_______________________________________________
Talk-GB mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb