Good to have you involved Stuart. Locally we're aware of CUS and HAR bus
stop types.

We have elaborated  a local schema for names which is detailed on the
wikipage
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edit_West_Midlands_NAPTAN_data#Process_Overview>

This suits us and TfWM but might not be to everyone else's liking

Basically:
Interchanges: stop ref (not sure of the NaPTAN nomenclature- but it has the
format SN5 , BK3  etc.)
Non-interchanges  Street Name/CommonName
Bus Stations: Stand X

Regards

Brian