Hi Matthijs,

Wherever possible the names in NaPTAN should match what is on the flag or
shelter. There are however some instances where this is not possible or
desirable.

For instance, the stop might carry a historic name such as for a long closed
pub which has been updated in data but not on the ground. Or perhaps the name
is a compound name (often of the "Main Street / Side Road" variety) where this
is better held as two separate fields in NaPTAN.

But in general any discrepancies should be queried with the data owner who is
normally the County or Unitary council. In West Midlands it is the old Centro /
new TfWM. I have contacts there, as obviously does Brian, but I ought to check
that they are happy for me to post their email address on the list for all to
use.

Regards
Stuart

On 5 Feb 2017, at 19:35, Matthijs Melissen