On 27/01/18 20:09, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
[1] Due to the way addresses are recorded in OSM, and the formatting
of UK addresses by Royal Mail (see also [3] below), the "Street Name"
for an object is picked up by the tool from a variety of tags.
Currently it uses the following, in order of precedence: the
addr:place tag, the addr:parentstreet tag, the addr:street tag, the
name tag on associatedStreet relation if present, and the
addr:locality tag

So it ignores a simple 'name' ? which is why a lot of my streets are getting tagged as wrong? I don't see any reason to have to add addr:street= when the road already has name= ... The adjacent building use addr:street= ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL