On 03/05/2018 11:25, SK53 wrote:
Can we please avoid changing the meaning of post office by extending it to courier offices, and restrict it to those places which offer not only a full service mail offering (aka Universal Postal Service), but the traditional other services available at post offices (some banking, government forms, etc). Extending the meaning of the tag would make OSM data immediately intrinsically less useful in cities where courier offices exist. Such a change would a) require every post office to be suitably tagged with an indication of which service it belongs to; and b) require every data consumer to change.

I agree. "Post Office" has a specific legal meaning in the UK, and applying the tag to things that are not actually Post Offices would be confusing at the very least.

I think it would be helpful to have a suitable tag for things like Amazon lockers and Hermes drop-off points. But they're not Post Offices. They're not even close to being Post Offices. They fulfil a different role, and need to be identified as such.

Mark