Most of the time such much applauded changes in policy work mainly for
the big guys (aka the goog, here and tomtom), by lowering the costs to
have similar level of non-automotive related detail as the national
mapping agencies and OSM. I don't quite see and haven't seen in other
countries, even in theory, how "small businesses" profit from this at all.

Simon