On 2018-09-18 10:53, Adam Snape wrote:

> His,
>
> I think I said earlier in the thread but I've never viewed OSM as a strict
> majority rule, more a do-ocracy or rule by consensus. Certainly, I think
> anybody proposing the deletion of others' mapping ought to be sure of clear
> community consensus, not just a mere majority opinion. Future mappers should
> not be bound by the views of 7/12 mappers participating in a Loomio vote in
> 2018.

And I am not sure the mappers (on the input side) are the only ones who
count. Shouldn't we make sure the views of other constituencies such as
data consumers and software communities be represented somewhere as
well? This particular change is only adding new information which will
be ignored by uninterested parties, but many other tagging discussions
could be considered "breaking changes" which should probably have
evidence of broader support before being given any kind of seal of
approval.