Dave F wrote:
> CU wanted a new site map. They paid someone to provide it for
> them. Which is fine, but please don't suggest they're
> contributions are superior to those of any anybody else.
> Especially when they decided to knowingly go against accepted
> tagging procedures.

I think that's a little harsh - David Earl mapped the university in the
_very_ early days of the project. There's stuff there dating back to
2006/2007. Cambridge was the first place to be mapped in great detail in the
UK - even in 2011 I remember giving a talk at Oxford Geek Nights where I
could still hold Cambridge up as an exemplar of how to do it. You can
imagine how well that went down in Oxford. ;)

So it wasn't really "going against accepted tagging procedures", because
tagging was still very much evolving back then. Fully in agreement that the
time has come to update the tagging, but that's just a result of OSM
changing - there's no need for any rancour against the original mappers.

Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Great-Britain-f5372682.html