just to follow up on my own post, another way to tackle this is to take a
look at Rory's Loganim import page on townlands.ie which I highly recommend
you take a look at.
https://www.townlands.ie/static/logainm/

Each red x on these pages means that the loganim irish names tags are not
in OSM for that place.
As far as I know, they were automatically added for the places where the
names in Loganim list matched those in OSM (or at least id's matched?). So
a red x can indicate that there is a spelling mismatch or the place is
missing.
It's a good place to start if you want to correct typo's in place names.

Brian T