Hello Mappers,  I have been back on my project since the start of February and
wanted to give you an update. Actually I needed to in order that I could draw
some kind of line and get back to the main task in hand. I have seriously fixed
my merging code, at least enough to handle the transit network and to inherit
accurately. Trying to render the entire planetary transport network, including
all roads, on a single tile, is perhaps pushing it a bit. So I will take my new
publication system, chuck away a huge chunk of needless code currently in use
for the buses+trains, and get you a working point sand shoot from any altitude
bus map.  It's about time we made a blog, so here is my post, I saved any other
historical free thoughts in there too. I hope to have some actual progress on
the bus map itself, with or without this attempt at high level global road
views, by then end of April. Stay safe, stay in, and code. The Quest for the
"Earth Tile"

|  |  |

|  |
The Quest for the "Earth Tile"

I have returned to the project and have spent the last 7 weeks rewriting the
publication and simplification code...