On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Michael Patrick <geodes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> There are already communities around Disaster Relief,
>> etc., and good etiquette would dictate that I wouldn't go in and edit their
>> data.
>
> You wouldn't go in and edit OSM disaster relief data? Why not? If I
> had local knowledge of data in OSM that was of higher quality or newer
> than what I found, I'd go in and fix it. I think HOT would want that.
> If any other disaster group using OSM felt that this was
> inappropriate, then they don't understand OSM.

Yep the whole point of HOT is having people edit their own areas that
they know best. Sure often we do a lot of remote mapping in terms of
response. Ideally though we still want the best available data for the
map same as everyone else. There are expanded tags that we use
sometimes, but the same as any other information if you can improve it
please do.

Best,

-Kate