On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Jason Remillard
<remillard.ja...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Richard Fairhurst, posted an blog about attributing OSM this weekd.
>
> http://blog.systemed.net//post/7
>
> Beyond attributing OSM, hopefully our large commercial users can take
> it a step further and provide a way of editing OSM from their user
> interface. For example, in August, Foursquare announced they were
> going to build in editing interface.
>
> https://www.mapbox.com/blog/connecting-foursquare-openstreetmap/
>
> I was interested in how that is going?

They weren't going to build an editing interface, the "Edit" link on the
map there leads to osm.org/edit for the lat/lon of the area they were
looking at.

> Also, in the same train of thought, It would be fantastic if
> Craigslist could have an OSM edit button. If that is not possible, how
> about at least updating the Craigslist tiles more often. Right now
> Craigslist updates the tiles once a month. Even if a very motivated
> Craigslist users understands what OSM is, that they can make an edit
> in osm.org, and have it show up in Craigslist's maps, the slow tile
> updates make it impossible to actually fix the map for a specific
> Craigslist listing. There is no reason for a Craigslist user to update
> OSM, if they can't get the map fixed in *their* listing.

Craigslist's listing submit system already posts notes directly to OSM.org
when the user clicks on a "data is wrong" button.