Serge, I disagree with you on not mapping unusable sidewalks. The structure
exists, even if it is in poor repair. I'm not sure we should necessarily be
marking the quality of the path (although that would be useful in the
disability access use case in my previous response). Marking sidewalk
damage would allow a router to send someone on a different route based upon
their ability to overcome obstacles.

Micromapping sidewalk damage would have uses all over the Metro Atlanta
area so it's not really a "special case," as you called it. On the other
hand, I'm not sure I want to start a trend of marking all potholes on the
main roadway, either.

My point is, mark the structures that are there, usable or not. Let's
consider damage (for routing purposes) as a separate question.

Bill R. WASHBURN