On 11/11/15 8:49 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:

> County and city routes might be a tough nut to crack.  The two Tulsa
> City Expressways use fairly generic (and in the old pre-carto
> rendering, coincidentally approximated) official signage.

so produce a generic looking svg file for the particular shield.
> Gilcrease Expressway (G):
>  http://s167.photobucket.com/user/bugo348/media/gilcreaseexpy.jpg.html
> Tisdale Parkway (LL):
>  http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2682/4185244881_b1236112b2.jpg
>
> None of the county routes in Tulsa County are signed, though they are
> painted on the pavement itself in Nowata County, and posted on the
> same style sign as street names in Osage and Washington Counties, and
> there's yet more that use standard MUTCD-style county shields, and at
> least one that simply uses blue painted metal sheets with the numbers
> spraypaint-stenciled on.  Probably suggest using the generic MUTCD
> shield when the exact shield is unknown, and approximate it when it is
> known.  But let's cross that bridge once the ball is rolling and the
> state level systems and higher are rendering from relations...

and for unsigned routes, either don't create the relation, or create a
relation
and use unsigned_ref instead of ref

county routes in Westchester County NY are unsigned for example; we should
not be generating shields in the rendering since they cannot be observed on
the ground.

richard

--
rwe...@averillpark.net