Ben,

I believe you're right, nice catch! "Motor bicycles and scooters: Mopeds
should be included with motor-driven cycles (motor bicycles) in the States"
(
http://mrf.org/library2/index.php/legislation-language/definitions/definition-motorcycle/fhwa-reclassification-of-motorcycles/
)

Additionally the one about "Non-Motorized" vehicles is somewhat confusing
and I don't think that I've ever seen it used. A bicycle is non-motorized,
but so is the trailer on a truck. What does it mean?

Elliott

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM Ben Miller <bborkmil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the MUTCD, and a little Googling didn't get me any
> clarification, but I'm guessing that "motor-driven cycles" refers to mopeds
> and such, not to motorcycles.
>

> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 8:21 AM Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:
>
>> To give us all a break from the usual political machinations at this
>> time of year I've drawn up the following table
>>

>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/US_MUTCD_exclusionary_signs_to_OSM_access
>>
>> The context is the work I've been doing on
>> https://github.com/simonpoole/beautified-JOSM-preset which is the
>> default preset for Vespucci http://vespucci.io/ (obviously on mobile
>> devices being able to touch an icon is preferable to typing).
>>
>> Any opinions on the mappings, and what would you consider signs that you
>> frequently map?
>>
>> Feedback and patches welcome!
>>
>> Simon

Elliott Plack