On 27/08/2017 06:49, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Here's a list of way IDs affected, with country and state:

http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/chdr.details

In case it helps, I dumped this CSV into a spreadsheet and sorted it by country and region:

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B4ys8XyW45ZfQeJQzmG5jZE7S9PQqAd2hHh1t1r85CE/edit?usp=sharing>

This spreadsheet is currently open for anyone to edit or comment on.

I was primarily interested in two U.S. states, so I dumped the way IDs for those states into an Overpass query to get an idea of which part of the state would be most affected. The resulting query has a URL too long to share, but here's a template you can follow:

<http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/rhX>

Here's how you'd narrow down the results to a particular county:

<http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/rhY>

Some other tips that may be helpful for anyone trying to hand-verify these ways:

* Level0 has a box where you can enter a list of way IDs and get their tags: <http://level0.osmz.ru/>
* Similarly, in iD, type w1234 into the search bar to jump to way 1234.

----

I hand-reviewed the 63 affected ways in Ohio and 37 in Indiana. Each of chdr's edits can easily be explained as one or more of:

1. Expanding preexisting, TIGER-imported abbreviations in name
2. Copying preexisting, TIGER-imported name_1 or name_2 tags to name
3. Copying name tags from nearby streets whose names were imported from TIGER

Virtually all the instances of #1 could be filtered out by running the preexisting name through the TIGER expansion bot code.

None of the occurrences of #2 matches Google Maps.

Of the occurrences of #3, only one way matches Google Maps. I think that was a coincidence, but in any case, both chdr's edit and Google Maps were wrong, so I corrected the name.

See the spreadsheet for details on each way in these two states, and feel free to perform a similar review for other areas.

--
m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us