I always tag based on the actual access control. At the end of a clear
freeway, continue the motorway tagging to the first intersection or
driveway, or if the road becomes single-carriageway and isn't a super-2 (a
controlled-access freeway in which only one carriageway is constructed with
accommodation for the second later). There is no "except for the
intersections."

If a road like that has enough intersections spaced throughout its length,
it should be tagged as trunk, perhaps with expressway=yes. Though with just
two or three intersections nearby in the middle of a freeway (for example
the handful of remaining intersections in the mostly-freeway section of US
29 in Maryland), I'd tag it as trunk only between the intersections and
make the rest motorway.

The Tisdale Parkway should absolutely be tagged as motorway starting from
the Gilcrease intersection southward. Gilcrease should be motorway as well
from where it becomes dual-carriageway. The remaining sections of each of
these roads should be tagged as trunk.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 12:31 AM Nathan Mills <nat...@nwacg.net> wrote:

> I think this is a good general rule. In the instant case, the tagging
> should change at the point where the grass median ends northbound, IMO.
> That marks a definite change in the physical character of the road. I
> believe it was tagged like that when the carriageways were first split
> after the TIGER import, but I might be misremembering.
>
> -Nathan
>

> On November 29, 2018 12:01:58 AM EST, Evin Fairchild <evindf...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> What?! I haven't contradicted myself at all. I already said in my initial
>> response (the one that I sent to only you by mistake) that in cases where
>> there's an at grade intersection sandwiched in between two interchanges,
>> the road should be marked as trunk in between. Other than that case, a road
>> should be motorway all the way to the at-grade intersection, as is the case
>> with the Tisdale Parkway.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 8:11 PM Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:

>>> You've contradicted yourself in that statement.
>>>

> --

—Albert Pundt