Hi all.
I have just found a maxtore drie going cheap at harvy norman.
about 170 bucks for 500gb.
I know there are bad things with these drives but I don't know what.
are they prone to falier I was origionally going to go with  a westerndigital
or a sigate, both because I have had a wd arc whos case has died and another
because my friend has a sigate which is real quiet almost non existant.
I need something that will store data, its going to be a secondary backup, ie
the drive will get data put on it and then after every 6 months or  so I will
power it on to transfer stuff over.
I hope to replace the case on my primary western digital and run it into the
ground.
I will be a heavy user of either drive though.  so they need to last a long
time.
OI don't mind if the case power supply or case controler goe but I want
something that will not easily break with switches, etc and will stand a
reasonable ammount of abuse and ware.
Ok so I am not going to drop it and I will try not to take it away with me to
much  if at all, howeverI don't want it to die for no reason just like if I
pick it  off the desk and say forget to switch it off or something screwy like
that not that will happen however.
I know the western digital drives will power down when not in use, so something
that will do that or is so quiet that I won't notice it running.

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.