I don't do dialup anymore. But, looking at my old PPP setup (I'm surprised I still have it), 'dns-addr' is assigned in /etc/ppp/options.

On 2023-02-28 14:50, Stewart Russell via talk wrote:
Hey - we've got a fun little problem happening right now.

We're connecting a Linux box via LTE to a client's private network. They want us to connect to a host on that network and upload files via sftp. We've demonstrated that all of this works with every other LTE network, but in their walled garden LTE network, they're not returning any DNS server, so we can't find the host at all. This network does not have access to public DNS.

Does one usually have to poke a ppp connection a little more to get useful routing information, or should we have "just got" all the gateway and DNS details on first connection?

  Stewart
(as you can tell, I'm not a network person, but we might appreciate finding one and paying for support)