On 2023-04-30 12:10, James Knott via talk wrote:
On 2023-04-30 12:04, sciguy via talk wrote:
I am having very little luck poking around. And to correct what I said earlier, searching specific titles leads me to a "403" error (Forbidden), not a 404 as I had said. I searched on Programming Perl, which I have the second and fourth editions, and got a "403" when I clicked on the title. The message below reads: "Your free O’Reilly trial has ended, making this content unavailable to view. For unlimited access to all O’Reilly has to offer, purchase a membership here." I also notice that on the titles I see, there are no "purchase" links, just "read" links. It sounds like for the $50 or so monthly fee, you can read anything you like. Still not sold on the idea, but clearly they have changed their marketing model.

Search on Google for the book title.  Also, you can try https://members.oreilly.com/ and log in with your ID and password.

Bingo! The link to members.oreilly.com got me what I wanted! Thanks!

Paul