Karen Lewellen wrote on 2023-11-22 22:10:

Will I have say a folder for the sent mail, one for my current inbox..allowing me to clear some of that down, my contact list?

Contact list - that's not really part of email as I understand it.

However, I could set up contacts & calendaring on one of my Nextcloud instances.

In short  if you remember what basic gmail look like?

Not at all.

I suppose you create a spam folder as well?

I believe it's set up to auto-create folders when required.

i.e. a brand new account only has Inbox.

Sending a first message ought to create Sent.  etc.

As for spam, I'm actually not running any normal spam filtering.

With the smtp rules locked in place, the only spam I've encountered is some persistent Canada Post campaign coming from various IPs.

I may add that to my home-made mail filter that I'm working on.

With the checks in place before accepting email, it seems very little gets through.

rb