Several of us use Window-eyes 8.4 very well with Dragon Naturally Speaking and have done so for years.
I don't know about using Dragon with Window-eyes version 9, however.
Please be sure you have checked the box about using screen readers when you configure Dragon. Please make sure you read the difficult passages to it to train it in your voice. It has worked well for me spelling, often accurately spelling very technical medical terms. I have not needed a more advanced version of the program. The recognition rate is amazing.

I think there are text files of the reading passages somewhere. I loaded them into my braillenote Apex and read them from there. Other people may have other ideas about how you can read in the material to train Dragon. This step really really is necessary to get amazing results.
Take heart. We will get Dragon to work for you with Window-eyes.
Other users of Dragon may want to chime in here.

Elizabeth