From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+robin_van_lant=key....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Steve Jacobson via Talk
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 3:52 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Problems Handling Microsoft Excel Attachments in Outlook 2013

Ray,

I've noticed the same thing and don't know the reasons for this to be the case,
but I've had some success selecting
the attachment with the shift RIGHT ARROW key rather than just arrowing to it.
Try that and see if that helps.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Mon, 11 May 2015 16:13:16 -0500, Ray Campbell via Talk wrote:

>Hi All:

>Does anyone know why there's such a problem handling Microsoft Excel
>attachments in Outlook 2013?  Here's what I mean.  If I get an email with a
>Microsoft Word attachment, I can shift-tab to the list of attachments, right
>arrow to the attachment I want, then press shift-F10, then tab to either
>open, save or save as and save the attachment with no problem.  When I get
>an Excel attachment, that doesn't work.  When I do a shift-tab to the list
>of attachments, right arrow to the excel attachment I want, then press
>shift-F10, all I hear is 'copy c button'.  The only way I can save an excel
>attachment is:

>1.        Press control-F like I'm going to forward the message to someone
>else.

>2.        Tab over past the subject field to the attachment, then, press
>shift-F10 and then I get the options to either open or save the attachment.

>There shouldn't be such a difference in how excel vs. word attachments are
>handled.  Does anyone have a solution to this issue?  Is there a setting in
>Outlook I need to change?  I looked through the outlook options and didn't
>find anything obvious.

>Thanks in advance for any help.

>Ray Campbell

>ray153...@gmail.com

>Skype: ray650315

>Blog: farmers-boy.livejournal.com

>Twitter: @packerbackerray

>Facebook: www.facebook.com/packerbackerray

>List archives can be found at
>http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing
or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic
personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose
such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which
you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from
Key
send an e-mail to mailto:dnereque...@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in
the
SUBJECT line.