From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+gmelconian619=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Reeva Webb via Talk
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 11:05 AM
To: Dave; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: 9.1 Locking up and Speech Stopping?

I am running we 9.1 on windows 8.1 64 bit with 6gb of ram. I switch voices a
lot but i have had we lock up with the following voices:

Neospeech kate(if it matters i have her because i use zoomtext along with
we)
Neospeech ashley
Neospeech julie
Ivona jennifer
Acapela tracy hq
Acapela heather co
Acapela karen hq
Acapela sharon hq
Acapela rhona hq

I can't really pin down a pattern for when we locks up on me. I have had it
happen on a bunch of websites and all 3 compatible browsers

Reeva

On Monday, June 15, 2015, Dave via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:

> Hello Lou,
>
> Yes, the Computer manufacturer is to build their systems to at least
> the Minimums require3d for what ever Operating System is to be installed.
>
> In my experience, those Minimums are on the bottom edge of reliability
> when it comes to using that system effectively.
>
> I once had a Boss that was always putting the Minimum requirements so
> low for the Software the Company produced, that in my mind, the posted
> Minimum requirements were as close to a lie as you could get without
actually lying.

> A customer would call, and their machine would have the minimum
> requirements printed on our package, and yet the software would not
> run without crashing.  Or it was so slow, that even though the
> software would start up, it was so slow, that using it was for the most
part fruitless.
> And I being the Tech Support guy, had to find some way to make it all
> run as if the system had a High End  Quad Core 3.4 chip with 16GB of
Memory.
> An impossible task, because sometimes as system is what it is, and
> there is no way to make it run faster, or smoother.
>
> Lets not forget that Marketing wants to sell software to as wide of
> market as possible, and so they too will push the limits when it comes
> to Minimum requirements printed on their Web Site, or on their
> packaging.  It is all about the Money ya know.
>
> You mentioned that most of the problems with Speech dropping out was
> when you were using one  or the other of the two browsers you have
installed.

> This is where most of my problems happen as well.  Although I have had
> some failures when using my Email program.
>
> There are about 7 or 8 Browsers out there and the only ones I have
> used are I.E. 11, the latest Firefox, and the latest Google offering.
>
> firefox and Google just give me fits.  So I end up returning to I.E.
> 11, which I suspect has a few bugs of its own.
>
> I'll try starting up NVDA to see if there are any Error messages from I.E.
> or some other program.
>
> At 06:52 AM 6/15/2015, you wrote:
>
>> The manual says that basically if the computer came with any OS from
>> Vista to eight point one, the computer manufacturer should have built
>> the computer to meet the OS requirements, and, these requirements are
>> satisfactory to run WE nine x. Best results are had if the computer
>> has at least a 2 ghz processor and 2 gb of memory, but...
>>
>> * Requirements may vary depending on your system configuration and
>> applications installed.
>>
>> Only time I experience a loss of speech is when I'm using one of the
>> browsers--IE eleven or Firefox, and it seems particular to pages that
>> use flash. Most times, I am able to launch NvDA, end Wineyes-exe, and
>> get WE running again. Alt tabbing, I can usually find at least one
>> error message concerning the browser itself. Occasionally, I cannot
>> get focus to the Notification bar and every key I press causes the
>> Windows OS notification bar sound to play. When this happens, I have
>> to give the computer the index finger of death.
>>
>> Speaking of Firefox, is WE mouse function still gone in the newest build?
>>
>> Lou N.

List archives can be found at