have you checked for audio and video driver updates?
sometimes you will find updates in windows update in the optional updates list. or look for updates from your computer manufacturers site.

-----Original Message----- From: via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 1:46 PM
To: Kevin Huber ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: the on going saga of losing speech

As a person that is constantly having either Window Eyes 9.2 fail, or
something else going on, so far unknown, I have come to think my problem
is a Hardware issue.

Although, I can not find any proof of my theory as many people on this
list have such a wide variety of computers and Operating systems.

At first I thought it may be something within Win 7 64 bit edition,
where the conflict was caused.  Then I noticed others running Win 8, 8.1
and even Win 10, were also experiencing such speech drop outs.

This morning, I had WE 9.2 go away three times within 45 minutes.  I
finally just shut down my system and walked away because I was so
frustrated.

I am attempting to figure a way to buy another system.  And hopefully,
this will help eliminate WE 9.X from losing Speech.

If it doesn't, I'll be using JAWS latest version in its Demo Mode, as I
am looking for Employment, which forces me to be On Line a Lot, every
day.  Something I can not do consistently when using WE 9.0, 9.1, and
now 9.2.    There are still times when I need to fire up my old XP
system and use WE 8.4, and hope I.E. 8 will be allowed on some Employers
Web Site.  Sometimes it is, and more often it is not.

Using JAWS Demo will give me at least 30 minutes before I need to
re-boot.  With the current edition of WE 9.2, I am constantly
anticipating Speech to go away.

Not Fun!

--
Dave <dlh...@centurylink.net>

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40comcast.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com