For those getting a error message when trying to get the kb3093266 using windows update I have the solution. Just got off the phone with the Microsoft disability hotline and the only way they could get the update to download and install on my computer was to get the file and do a manual install of the update. The download can be gotten from the Windows download catalog. Just google windows download catalog and enter the kb3093266 and download it. It is something like 230MB so it may take a while to download.
I have it installed now and it definitely improves upon WE performance.