This is the problem with the price war. It compels manufacturers to tinker with everything and cut corners wherever they can on consumer systems in order to shave pennies here and there to cut their cost, not to mention all the shareware and trial programs they get paid to put on their systems. I've bought custom built systems for years for audio work and they come out of the box with nothing more than Windows and a few diagnostic programs. And I do not have many of the most common problems mentioned on this list. It's unfortunate but true. And it's why AI cannot always duplicate problems.

Tom

On 3/18/2016 3:27 PM, Christopher Edwards via Talk wrote:
Steve,

You might have a point here. I have two laptops, one from Dell and one from
Sony. They both run Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I am now running
Window-Eyes 9.4. I have never had any problems coming out of Sleep or Hibernate
modes with either of these machines.

Chris

From: Steve Jacobson via Talk
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 6:31 PM
To: 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: WE 9.4 and returning from sleep

Interestingly, I have some of the same problems discussed here when coming
out of sleep mode.  Usually, I have found that entering the password even if
Window-Eyes is silent, brings everything back.  There are some other issues
that I have once sleep mode has been encountered as well, though, even if
the password works.  What is interesting to me is that I also am using HP
computers and Windows 7.  I wonder if there is something with HP computers
that is affecting this.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson