I am struggling a quite annoying, and even puzzling issue. Memory tells
me this has been the case ever since WE9 came out, but I am not able to
determine exactly time it all started. It could happen any time, with
any webpage in a multi-session of the browser. I am going to explain it
in illustrative terms, and hopefully the others on the list may have
seen the same behavior, that it could be traced to a point where things
get fixed. Definitely, this behavior was not the case under the old
Browse Mode, and still, I do not have a good explanation on why it would
be the case in the new one either.

My main browser is Firefox. I like to run several webpages
simultaneously, in each their tab, since it gives me a quick way to swap
between them and do my comparisons.

OK, so let us imagine you have three different webstores, and we name
them Stor1, Store2 and Store3. I scroll through store1, and whenever I
find a product of interest, I open its dedicated website in a new tab.
We could do this with four products, for the illustration.

I now open Store2 in another tab, and here also open four individual
product sites in each their tab. And, you guess it, we do the same with
Store3. All in all, we now sit with something between 10 and 15
websites, in each their tab. Benefit is, that you simply by hitting
Ctrl-Tab, or Ctrl-Shift-Tab, can move back and forth between the tabs,
and quickly do all your comparing on both price and specifications. Or,
you could do the same with study material, where you need to compare and
pick out pieces of information from several pages simultaneously.

So far, everything is working well. And for a good portion of the time,
I can swap between the different pages with no issue. But all the
sudden, without any good reason, things get messed up.

Say I am in tab6, which hold a website from Store2. I want to go back to
Tab5, which still holds another product from Store2. So I hit
Ctrl-Shift-Tab once, and expect to land on Tab5. If I check the address
line, or even go to the tab list of Firefox, sure I am reported to be on
Tab5, holding the desired website from Store2.

Problem is, that when I arrow up and down the page, my screen reader
reads information from a totally different tab. It could for instance be
that it reads the text and links of Tab1, which holds a site from
Store1. As you may imagine, this causes trouble, since I cannot get to
the tab I intended to.

I have tried to swap back and forth between the tabs, using the Ctrl-Tab
method, the Ctrl-PageUp/-Down mehtod, or even gone to the Tab-list of
the browser and chosen the desired tab. It all results in the same
strange behavior. My browser seem to display one tab, whereas my screen
reader reads the info off another tab. I even have tried to Alt-Tab away
from the browser and back, to get the thing synchronized, but to no
avail. the only thing I have found to work, would be to press the F5-key
on the current tab, to have the browser update it. But doing so, I loose
the last position I was on, and can start reading the page all over again.

Well, when the new browse mode came out, it was claimed to be realtime,
that is, it no longer should work in a copy of the browser screen. If it
is all that realtime, then why does it not synchronize with what is on
the screen? If the browser reports to me that it is showing Tab7, why is
my screen reader then reading info from Tab11? Or, Tab3? I go to Tab9,
browser reports Tab9 to be active and displaye - Yes, I Want Tab9 To Be
Read By My Screen Reader As Well.

Why is this behavior? And can anyone else confirm to see the same?

I have tried to clean out my system, removing all trash cookies. I have
cleaned up any stuff with AntiVirus and Anti-Malware programs. The
Websites I open might be as different as from Ebay, Walmart and
Wikipedia; or any other thinkable combination. Even if I only open
numerous sites from one and same main page, the tab-mess gets in here
every now and then. Since it happens in all kinds of cases, cross many
different domains, I am ready to say it has nothing to do with the
construction of the website itself. And like I stated, I never saw the
behavior under the old Browse Mode.

--
David