From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of David via Talk
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:05 AM
To: Kevin Huber <huber.kev...@gmail.com>; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: Browse Mode, and Multi-Tab sessions

Admittedly, I have not been too eager on using these hotkeys to swap the
tabs. Main reason is, that you only get to the first 10 tabs that way, and
often I might have more tabs than that open. But your point is valid enough,
I might trry the Ctrl-Number swapping, next time the behavior occurs. Still,
it does not exactly explain why the behavior shows up, so really would have
loved a fix of the matter. But it is of course worth to try for a temporary
workaround. Thanks for the input.

David

On 9/21/2016 6:33 PM, Kevin Huber wrote:
> [...]
>> pick out pieces of information from several pages simultaneously.
>>
>> So far, everything is working well. And for a good portion of the time,
>> I can swap between the different pages with no issue. But all the
>> sudden, without any good reason, things get messed up.
>>
>> Say I am in tab6, which hold a website from Store2. I want to go back to
>> Tab5, which still holds another product from Store2. So I hit
>> Ctrl-Shift-Tab once, and expect to land on Tab5. If I check the address
>> line, or even go to the tab list of Firefox, sure I am reported to be on
>> Tab5, holding the desired website from Store2.
>>
>> Problem is, that when I arrow up and down the page, my screen reader
>> reads information from a totally different tab. It could for instance be
>> that it reads the text and links of Tab1, which holds a site from
>> Store1. As you may imagine, this causes trouble, since I cannot get to
>> the tab I intended to.
>>
>> I have tried to swap back and forth between the tabs, using the Ctrl-Tab
>> method, the Ctrl-PageUp/-Down mehtod, or even gone to the Tab-list of
>> the browser and chosen the desired tab. It all results in the same
>> strange behavior. My browser seem to display one tab, whereas my screen
>> reader reads the info off another tab. I even have tried to Alt-Tab away
>> from the browser and back, to get the thing synchronized, but to no
>> avail. the only thing I have found to work, would be to press the F5-key
>> on the current tab, to have the browser update it. But doing so, I loose
>> the last position I was on, and can start reading the page all over
again.

>> Well, when the new browse mode came out, it was claimed to be realtime,
>> that is, it no longer should work in a copy of the browser screen. If it
>> is all that realtime, then why does it not synchronize with what is on
>> the screen? If the browser reports to me that it is showing Tab7, why is
>> my screen reader then reading info from Tab11? Or, Tab3? I go to Tab9,
>> browser reports Tab9 to be active and displaye - Yes, I Want Tab9 To Be
>> Read By My Screen Reader As Well.
>>
>> Why is this behavior? And can anyone else confirm to see the same?
>>
>> I have tried to clean out my system, removing all trash cookies. I have
>> cleaned up any stuff with AntiVirus and Anti-Malware programs. The
>> Websites I open might be as different as from Ebay, Walmart and
>> Wikipedia; or any other thinkable combination. Even if I only open
>> numerous sites from one and same main page, the tab-mess gets in here
>> every now and then. Since it happens in all kinds of cases, cross many
>> different domains, I am ready to say it has nothing to do with the
>> construction of the website itself. And like I stated, I never saw the
>> behavior under the old Browse Mode.
>>

>> --
>> David

author
>> and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared.

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/huber.kevin7%4
0gmail.com.
>> For subscription options, visit
>> List archives can be found at